Wednesday 9 June 2010

STATEMENT NECKLACES - Asymmetrical Beauty

I wanted something modern but still girly for these vintage inspired statement necklaces - so I decided to go asymmetric. These are my favs - some are gone, some are still in my Etsy store but I can't help bragging about them here, I just love how they turned out.
This Princess necklace was constructed with handmade ivory silk rolled rosettes, some have ivory tulle mixed in for a dreamy feel. The focal point is a pearly white vintage enamel flower and I used a beautiful vintage thermoset link bracelet with AB rhinestones on one side of the necklace while on the other side is a chain of three rosettes. Fastened with a hook and a suspended chain, so the length of the necklace is adjustable depending on where you place the hook.

Princess

(In my Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/listing/41274215/princess-rolled-rose-bridal-statement )


This Black Couture necklace was a custom project. I made it for a lovely lady from Canada. Honestly I must say this is not my creation but her and my creation! Thank you Helen! This lady loved my Princess necklace but she wanted something in black. Helen was inspired by the Coco Chanel black lacey statement necklace but she wanted something more romantic, girly and asymmetric. So, more lace for her necklace and as this lady loved Sarah Coventry, I used the Sarah Coventry's Silvery Sunburst brooch for her necklace, together with lots of grey cultured pearls. This lovely lady even chose the vintage black thermoset necklace herself to add to the necklace. All together they made a dreamy combination. The length of this necklace is adjustable so she can wear it low or high. I was so happy when she convoed me saying she really enjoyed her new necklace. Yay!

Black Couture


Black Couture

This Pretty in Pink was made in the same style for a beautiful freshly wed lady from England. She has the most gorgeous big curly blond hair I've ever seen. She wanted something in dusty pink and light cream and here it is. Instead of a big vintage flower I made a huge bloom with plenty of silk blended taffeta petals together with tulles and a sparkly rhinestone center. I have the feeling it'll go better with her beautiful hair.

Pretty in Pink
Again, lots of lace was used and on one side is a sweet vintage flowery link necklace with rhinestones in tghe flowers centers. I used one link for the flower cluster to make a connection, too.


Pretty in Pink

And this Sunlight necklace is my baby! It made its way to the front page of Etsy a while ago. The flowery grey/white fabric used in this necklace is simply pretty and I love the colour combination. So bright and cheerful yet graceful and elegant. I still have yards of this fabric and another custom made of this design is totally possible. This can be a perfect bridesmaid's gift.

Sunlight

(In my Etsy : http://www.etsy.com/listing/42703988/sunlight-statement-rolled-rose-bib )

I saw some lovely YELLOW & GREY wedding inspiration boards in 'The Perfect Palette" blog and thought how beautifully this necklace will go together in a yellow and grey wedding - those trendy colors for 2010 summer ...

You Are My Sunshine : A Palette of Yelow & Gray

Source : The Perfect Palette
Sunlight

Gray and Shades of Yellow

Source : The Perfect Palette
I really like these asymmetric necklaces I think I'll make a bunch more whenever I've got some free time again :)
Have a nice day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment