Wednesday 22 September 2010

In love with Cameo

So, as you can tell, I have recently been rather obsessed with brooch bouquets. You may already got fed up with my blog posts. Here is however something different.
A while ago I was contacted by a bride who said she wanted a bouquet in white similar to my Calypso bouquet but without the seashells. And she said she loved Cameos. She wanted one in the bouquet and one on the handle. Her wedding dress would be in white and black with scallop edged lace, so we agreed on some black and lace accents in the bouquets.
And here is how her bouquet came out. White sinamay roses with pearl and swarovski crystal centers, hand curled white goose biots, handwired pearl and swarovski crystal picks, lace leaf aplique's, dainty black stripped beaded hackle feathers, and 2 beautiful cameos! The handle was embelished with beautiful scallop edged bridal lace and a white velvet bow with a black/white cameo brooch in the center.
I really liked hhow it turned out, so did my bride. How do you think?
Have a great day everyone!


















2 comments:

  1. You are so clever!! That is gorgeous!!

    BTW, on a side note, your work has inspired me to start my own biz. I started by purchasing your ribbon rose tutorial and sold those to a little store in my city. I soon branched out & now have been making my own creations. (A few are featured on my website fancyschmancyboutique.com) I just wanted to thank you for being such an inspiration to me. Your work truly stands out from the rest and I never cease to be amazed at your new creations. What great talent!! Keep up the beautiful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! You've made my day with you comment:) Just dropped by your website - What a beautiful online shop you have. Good luck to your business!

    ReplyDelete